Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What is happening in Nepal?

I read an article in Times where when an Iraqi police complained about its government's irregularities, a U.S. soldier beside him told "You know the phone number of your defence ministry, don't you?" The conversation seemed to strike something in me. I can't deny that I too have been complaining about the failure of Nepalese government time and again, in various forums that I come across and give pessimistic remarks about nothing can be done by us, young minds even if we want to. I know I am wrong. Every problem has a solution. If a student whines that the problem is too diffcult, he probably never will get the solution. To do so, he needs to have a positive outlook. (I am not being sexist here by using he and not she, it's just that I don't like to clutter by using he/she when the meaning gets across anyway.) So, someday Nepal will see the light, won't it? A dark tunnel cannot last forever. At the end of the dark tunnel, light will appear. It just needs patient drivers to keep on driving without getting frustrated. Or will the gloom in Nepal continue forever like this? There are no black-holes on the Earth, are there?

No comments:

Post a Comment