Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I have a dream

Today I attended the March that is celebrated in the memory of Martin Luther King Jr. It was a good experience to be the part of my first political activity. I was not an active participant in the revolutions of Nepal, neither the Jana Andolan nor the Madhesh Andolan I or II.
People voiced their issues that they were marching for. People had banners demanding the end of violence against Palestines and others demanding Peace and still others asking the U.S. government to bring the Americans home. I was not carrying any banner. I should have done though. I thought Trinity University would give us a placard to write out the reason we are marching for. I knew what I was marching for, but others were clueless. I was marching for the end of poverty in the world. I was marching for equality among humans. I was marching for advocating one common religion, religion of humanity above all others. I too have a dream. I have a dream of seeing every human rich, so that noone would be richer.

1 comment: