Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Best Brown Bread in New York


I was not really a big fan of breads before I arrived in the United States. Back home, bread was for breakfast. Here in the US, bread is their staple food; they eat anytime, anywhere. I actually spent few hours googling about where is the place to find the best brown bread in New York. Currently, I am staying in New York but I do not intend to buy any brown bread. I was interested because I recently watched an Indian film named 'New York' where this phrase has been used.

I was curious as to whether really a place like this exists and so started running a Google search. It reminded me of how the search on the term 'Illuminati' rose staggeringly after Dan Brown mentioned the word in his famous novel, 'The DaVinci Code' and 'Angels and Demons'. Sadly, I did not find any specific place that proclaimed that it provided the best brown bread in New York. If there were any place such as this, US Intelligence would have probably conducted a covert operation immediately after the film was screened. It would have been a terrific promotion campaign though and probably the film crew would have asked for trouble if such place existed because it portrays the place in a negative way (a place that breeds/fosters terrorism.)

The movie was pretty nice and is sure to spark rage and more hatred towards Americans as it depicts innocent South Asians being racially profiled and detained after 9/11 attacks. In fact, Shahrukh Khan is also soon featuring in a movie named, 'My Name is Khan' that shows sorry state of Muslims who were racially profiled after 9/11 attacks. As if it were a publicity stunt, which it clearly was not, Shahrukh Khan was illegally detained at Newark Airport after his name returned 'Alert' message in US Immigration database.

2 comments:

  1. I lyked..it southasians..reeeli do suffer der..

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah the movie was nice..... but the connection with best brown bread was a little out of place, i mean what has brown bed to do with terrorism....

    ReplyDelete