Saturday, August 22, 2009

Indian Celebrities on Twitter


I have been using Twitter for quite sometime now. I do not use it profusely and neither do I have a big fan following. I guess, I have a little more than 85 followers, many of which I don't know personally, of course. But I like the concept of Twitter and am convinced that Facebook did use some ideas of Twitter when it introduced a new version of Facebook where not only friends' statuses but also other posts, such as photo posts, video posts and notes appeared on Home Screen. This concept was introduced by Twitter and after it became popular, was copied by Facebook.

Facebook has copied ideas from here and there, but that is not my point. I was fascinated to see quite a few Indian celebrities using Twitter to communicate with their fans. It was the unfortunate incident of Shahrukh Khan's detention at Newark Airport that brought to my notice the presence of hot and gorgeous Priyanka Chopra, an Indian actress on Twitter. She apparently tweeted about this incident and spit her wrath at the US Immigration Officials. Guess what; now, I follow her. She posts periodically about what is going on with her life. Knowing about what goes on in a celebrity's life interests everyone including me. Priyanka also takes time to reply to her fans' tweet replies. Apparently, she has never replied to any of my 3 tweet replies that I sent to her.

There are also other Indian celebrities like Dino Morea, Uday Chopra and Karah Johar (I hope they count as celebrities. Never mind).
Here are their twitter usernames:
  • Priyanka Chopra : priyankachopra
  • Dino Morea: DinoMorea9
  • Karan Johar: kjohar25
  • Uday Chopra: udaychopra
I will keep my fingers crossed that Priyanka will one day reply to my tweets :D
Apparently, there is rumor that even Shahrukh tweets but others deny it based on the mechanical nature of his tweets. Shahid Kapoor, Ram Gopal Varma, MS Dhoni (the star cricketer), Shreya Ghosal and few others too are on twitter. Good going Indian celebrities.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know even Priyanka Chopra was on Twitter. Wow, Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post - Indian Celebrities ..Keep Posting-- Tip: Keep your post active- commenting helps it


    - Santu
    Indian Celebrities

    ReplyDelete