Sunday, June 20, 2010

Beating Summer with Aqua Sports

I can not stop talking about the FIFA World Cup 2010. I know there are so many upsets and unpredictable results. The only clear winner uptill now that has not suffered any setbacks are Brazil and Argentina. Brazil all the way.

Putting aside World Cup talk, I want to describe about my weekend. I went tubing in Guadalupe River with my friends. It was so much FUN. The atmosphere was just so jovial. All you do is rent a tube and you can bring your own booze. You could drink while tubing in the river. That's what most people did and social lubricant as it is rightly called, overcame awkwardness and people spoke to others who were no more strangers. A woman fell in love with my sunglasses and pleaded to exchange mine with hers. After I said No, she got off her tube and came to mine, neck deep in water and started flirting.

Tubing is really fun. Of course you never know unless you try for yourself. In the later evening, we went to a state park and camped there. I learnt to set up the tent with instructions from my friend Lawrence. Sawan barbequed some very juicy chicken and beef patties. The dinner felt great after an exhausting afternoon adventure.
The Camp that Lawrence and I set up. Photo: Digital Subway
Next day, we went to Austin and did canoeing and kayaking. My arm muscles ached after more than 2 and a half hours constant rowing in the river. The weekend was very aqua-sport intensive but I definitely enjoyed it a lot. I wet my camera and it stopped working. I do not have pictures yet so I will post them later

1 comment:

  1. Dai, you should put take the battery out and put the camera in lots of (uncooked) rice...Dries like a charm in 2-3 days...

    Uh, and so how'd the thing with the girl go? :P

    ReplyDelete