Thursday, January 28, 2010

Dinner Reception with University President, Dr. Ahlburg

Do you want to know why I came to Trinity? The reason is simple. You might have heard it a million times and still ignored it since it sounded so much like a cliche. My admission officer at Trinity- Eric Maloof- had told me that the best way to learn in my undergraduate years would be to go to a small college/university where I would get personal attention from professors and mentors. Students learn from their mistakes and small institutions are adept at making that happen. I realized how right he was only after I came to Trinity.

Receiving personal attention from professors, residential and other university staffs at Trinity is what makes my learning worthwhile. Professors in my class know me personally which makes learning environment so much better.

(From left: Me, President Dr. Ahlburg, Pedro, Long, Chris). Photo by lady killer Paurakh.

In addition, even the University President takes time to meet us and hear about our experiences. On average, a college student shakes the University President's hand once (during graduation maybe). Getting to meet him personally is outside the domain. In contrast, today the new University President, Dr. Ahlburg held a Dinner Reception for International students and spent the whole evening talking to us. For a man of his stature to dedicate one evening makes us feel how much he cares for Trinity students. Trinity is exceptional when it comes to sense of community and relationship between students and staffs.


(From right: President Ahlburg, Me, Daniel, ...) Photo by LaDy-KiLleR Paurakh
And, even department chairs know you personally here. Below is me with chair of Engineering Department, Dr. Giolma.
(Me with Dr. Giomla, Chair of Engineering Department). Photo by lady-killer Paurakh.

No comments:

Post a Comment