Saturday, January 23, 2010

7 Reasons why I was bored at Concert For The Cure


I had never been more bored (in my recent memory) than I was at Concert For The Cure. And it was mostly my fault. I had never been to a concert before so, I thought let's do it. I'll just go and see what it is like. I didn't even care to find if any of my friends were going. I should have. Here are some reasons why I did not enjoy it.

  1. It was not a rock concert. Singers sang country songs, not that I can differentiate between genres, but that's what they said.
  2. The name Concert For The Cure was misleading since it was not really a concert. It was a dance party. Pairs danced all along the dance floor. Someone must have warned me. There was no head-banging or anything of that sort. 
  3. I hardly knew anyone there. It was mostly Greek students whom I had seen before at campus but never talked to.
  4. I did not know how to dance. If you don't dance or are not comfortable dancing while others watch (just like me), that was the last place to be. I stood in one corner and watched others while everyone thought I was a 'mutant'.
  5. I couldn't drink. US Law was strictly enforced and under-age drinking was prohibited. Some people need a little bit of encouraging (through alcohol) to get on the dance floor, I am one of them.
  6. I was all alone. The friend I went with did not enjoy the concert so, left for another club or something, promising to return in an hour. Even after 2 hours, I did not hear from him.
  7. I could not walk out or back to school since my ride was gone. I would have to find a ride back (which I did, thanks to university's bus arrangement).
All of the reasons above acted powerfully to make me bored like I had never been before. It should be realized that the concert in itself was not boring. There were lots of people who enjoyed every bit of it. I just happened to be someone who does not like clubbing, dancing or related activities. I thought I would try out, just didn't work out that well for me. I guess, this is what everyone does in America, right?


Nevertheless, I felt good about one thing at the concert, that funds from ticket sales would go towards Cancer Research. Gamma sorority of Trinity University deserves appreciation for this noble work.

3 comments:

  1. sorry about standing you up with the ride. I was detained by SAPD until the wee hours of the morning. So my night sucked even worse,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Country is awesome, and country is a form of rock.

    ReplyDelete