Thursday, October 22, 2009

Women are from Venus, where are Men from?

Feminist View: Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars Hell.

        That's so precisely put. Feminists have evolved over time to become men-haters. The Women's revolution that started with an aim of empowering women and giving them fair roles in decision making has taken a different turn. Today we see, feminists not only advocating for women rights but highly critical of success of men. Maybe, I am stereotyping feminists but show me one feminist who believes that women should be empowered and is okay with mens' progress and I'll show you a liar.

        Now, why does it have to be this way? Does success of men automatically translate to subjugation of women? I don't necessarily believe that. Maybe also because I can't really put myself into their shoes despite my claims. Can a field be leveled by addition or is it always have to follow a subtraction method where materials from uphills are taken out for redestribution? Thomas Friedman has excitedly claimed that the world is flat and wrote a book on the same title in 2004 that won quite some rave reviews and accolades.

        This is essentially also the main theme of discussion over can everyone be made rich without making richer any poorer. Can developing nations become developed without developed nations having to give up their luxurious lifestyle? Can it be a win-win situation for all? I don't know.

(The readers are free to differ with my opinions and should be aware that despite the controversial nature of the content presented, it has no intention of hurting anyone's personal feelings or values.)
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]