Monday, October 5, 2009

Reptilian Attack in My Suite



Ok, this is going to be awkward. As I sat down to relieve myself, my eyes fell on this menacing green reptilian creature. I remembered my suite-mate saying that he saw a lizard in his room. But I laughed thinking this was a prank and that his comment served merely to set up the plot. As I watched it closely, still unsure of whether it was a prank, yet maintaining a safe distance, it moved, and my heart stopped.

I finished my business as quietly as I could without disturbing this menacing creature. As soon as I got out of the toilet, I ran into my suite with a terrified face. I didn't need to explain. My suite-mate has reptilophobia , if  such word exists, but you got the point anyway. So I was left on my own. I thought of calling up the Crisis Management Team but then decided it was probably better to call up the RA on our hall. But then decided against it too. I geared up for the battle, armed with the plastic cup that the 'Sushi Place' in Mabee dining Hall provides. I'm glad I had rice today that came with that same black cup.


This was not the most fun to do, obviously. I had a strange feeling inside. My suite-mate was feeling worse (yes, due to his reptilophobia). It was a successful battle though. I had to chase it from the toilet to the bathroom but then successfully trapped it with the black cup from Sushi Place of Mabee Dining Hall. I hope the poor creature does not starve overnight till we hand it over to the Physical Plant to release it in its rightful habitat, maybe Tiger's Den. I'm being sarcastic here, you know that. Some left-over rice will probably keep it alive over the night.

I am curious to know though where this reptile came from though. Actually, it was a chameleon since it changed its color from green to brown as it moved.