Thursday, September 17, 2009

Frequent Mozilla Firefox Crashes on University Computers


          I don't know if you have noticed or not, but the university computers take painfully longer time, feels like almost ever to load when you log in. I asked some of my techie friends and they said it is because of Vista. But, come on, Trinity had Vista before we went for summer too. The load time has lengthened after we came back from summer. One of my techie friends suggested it is because all of the Vista programs are being loaded at once. This was not the case before we left for summer. And, think of the Java window that pops up everytime asking for your permission to continue. Try logging in with your username to permit it so that it stops coming and the error message is returned, asking for an administrator password.

          As if this were not enough, Mozilla Firefox crashes almost every time I use it. And, more so when I try to close the browser. At first, I thought this was just happening with me and was purely a coincidence. But it started happening everytime and that is when I started smelling a rat. So, I checked online and this seems to be a problem with other users too. This is actually a problem of the new version of Mozilla 3 that they have launched without adequate testing. Certainly, everyone likes newer versions of free software but when it is full of bugs then, it gets very irritating. It seems I will have to live with this problem before Mozilla can actually correct this bug.