Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Poem on Exams

A rather surprising piece from me for you beloved readers. I wrote a poem on exams which is really childish and funny. I rarely write poems, the last one was maybe 7-8 years ago. So bear with me please. ;D


Random poem about exams

Of all the human inventions, exams I most despise
Coz responses they expect must be crisp and concise
Everyone seems to be lost in their minds
And bury themselves in any library corner they can find

It’s the time when our brains are least creative of all
Thoughts stray around movie theatres and shopping mall
The system forces every student to read, rote and learn
Leaving him alone behind piles of books to churn

One who can cram and recall the best gets high rewards
Rest of them become drivers, secretaries and air stewards
Exams are no measure of anyone’s imagination or intelligence
So why do we have exams? It makes no sense.


2 comments: