Saturday, November 6, 2010

All You Can Eat Pizza in Auckland

I am not a big fan of fast food. My grandparents were proud farmers who owned several acres of land and grew surplus crops every year. We almost grew whatever food we consumed except for animal food products of course. We also reared cows, buffaloes, goats and at some point pigeons too.

Anyway, the point I am trying to make is that I did not grow up going out to eat in restaurants. We rarely visited restaurants. They were for travelers who had no way to prepare their own food. Or for lazy people of course. Going out to eat in restaurants was not associated with wealth either. You see in western world, opulence is associated with going to fancy restaurants. Rich people back in my country Nepal all ate at their own homes, in a fancy setting maybe whose meal may be prepared by several maids.

However, despite not being a big fan of fast foods, I was craving pizzas for some reason. Don't know why. So I went to a pizza place today with my friends for lunch. There was a lunch deal, all you can eat for 9 bucks beginning from 12 noon to 2 pm. The New York style pizza was delicious. My taste buds were all rejoicing and my stomach wasn't complaining either until I started biting my fifth slice. Mind you, these slices were pretty large. It was in Auckland at a place called Sals pizza. And this deal is active only on Sundays. Any of you in Auckland if reading this should check it out. You will be impressed.

After finishing my fifth slice, I could not stuff anymore without fearing throwing up. But I still went for another help and got two additional slices. My friends and I all got two slices and walked out with it, happy that we didn't have to worry about the dinner in the evening.

As an engineer we always have to do analyze a system's behaviour or response in time or frequency domain. Well I analyzed rate of my pizza consumption in time domain. Here is what it looks like. We speeded through our first three then we slowed down.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment