Sunday, February 1, 2009

Saturday Nights

I hate Saturday nights. Why? Because usually I complete assignments early and have nothing to do on Saturday nights. I am not saying I hate them because I have no more assignments. Who wants to do assignments anyway. They don't inspire me or stimulate me, intellectually.
What is to be done on Saturday nights? Watch movie, TV? I could surf on the internet. But for me, the word bored is a bit different. When people are bored, they use facebook, watch tv, movies, listen to music or something like those. But when I am bored, I am bored with the technology around me. I want to get away from the technology and get closer to nature and resonate with the natural frequency of the nature. I guess everyone seems to be lost during Saturday nights. People are always doing something. It's only me, who on this Saturday night, at 1:31 am can't sleep and just does not know what to do. I walked around peoples' dorms but they had either no plans and were sleepy or were not there. So, what? Came back and started writing this blog as if this is the most exciting thing in the world. I talk about going away from the technology and yet I am clinging to this. My fingers are clinging to this keyboard, my eyes are clinging to this monitor and seeing what magic my fingers are doing. Anyway, is anyone ever going to read this? Oh wait, I remember something. I was reading a similar journal of one of my friends and there too, the person had made a comment that noone would be reading it anyway. But, I did read it and lot more could read it or might have read it.
That is not important for me though. If I wanted someone to read what I write, I could have very well written in my notes on Facebook and might have had comments after comments(am I so popular?). I write here because I don't really care if someone reads this or not. Even if someone's retina would not be focused here, this is not waste of my time, effort or energy. This is channeling of my weird thoughts, a safe vent so that they don't decay or damage me internally. I have seen how many people keep their everything to themselves. Well, I too am reticent to a great extent but I do talk to my digital machine and if that counts as talk then I am not reticent.

No comments:

Post a Comment