Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Review of College Inc: a documentary on commercialization of education

College Inc, a documentary by PBS Frontline on commercialization of education. Source: http://bit.ly/qOTWW4
I have been watching a lot of documentaries this summer since my internship ended. The one I recently watched is called "College Inc." This is about commercialization of education, mushrooming of online courses and for-profit education. The documentary made by PBS Frontline is very powerful and unsettling. It explains why I see disproportionately more University of Phoenix advertisements. I do not want to spoil it for you, but after watching the documentary, you will realize that for-profit universities like U. of Phoenix spend more on marketing and sales than on compensating faculties and other staffs. 


Watch the full episode. See more FRONTLINE.

1 comment:

  1. I’ve learned a lot from your blog here, Keep on going, my friend, I will keep an eye on it,
    Gainesville apartment

    ReplyDelete