Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Booze, Partying and all that Bad "Stuff"

New Zealand Travel Diary, Entry #6

If you have not noticed already, there's one component in my New Zealand Travel Diary that has been under-represented. Yes, it has been done advertently. What could it be? Alcohol, parties and drunkenness and all that bad stuff, silly.

Trust me, studying abroad involves a lot of partying and alcohol, irrespective of the location you choose. Someplace more, someplace less but it will be there nonetheless. My friends tell me that people studying abroad in Australia party even harder. It's a big party country, apparently. 

I am not going to tell you about my stupid adventures or crazy nights (as if I remember anyway) on my blog at least. Neither will I specifically quote someone or write about them if it is not appropriate. I know you would love to read about crazy nights me and my flatties (flat-mates) have (frequently). But putting it out there publicly just does not seem right. We do spend a lot of money on booze and partying though, more than grocery, stationery, travel or anything else. You got that right.

There are some bars here that are very popular among students and have low prices to meet students' budget. On weekend nights, this city feels like a big party town because hundreds of students swarm up to these bars. And Kiwis like to party on Wednesday nights too. I should ask them why. Among the popular ones are: Cassette, Margaritas and Globe. But the atmosphere inside these bars is less openly erotic than most American bars. Grinding is not a popular sport in these bars. If you do see people grinding, usually they are Americans.

Even though I have you under the impression that I am a big party animal, believe me, I will change back to being nerd once I go back to the US.

(Note: grinding is a popular activity among young people, a special form of dance I should say. Look up the definition yourself)

Read Entry #5 of New Zealand Travel Diary Series here

Read Entry #4 of New Zealand Travel Diary Series here.
Read Entry #3 of New Zealand Travel Diary Series here.
Read Entry #2 of New Zealand Travel Diary Series here.
Read Entry #1 of New Zealand Travel Diary Series here
 

No comments:

Post a Comment