Monday, March 30, 2009

Running for ASR Senator

I have a good piece of news to share. I am running as a candidate for Association of Student Representatives Senator. I always wanted to run for an election and go through this election euphoria. I have very strong interest in politics; my dad too knows this since it is clearly written in my ‘janmakundali’, a document that learned scholars prepare for every person based on the position of heavenly bodies such as stars and planets. And this document was prepared when I was less than a year old. I know what you are thinking now. I do not believe so much in it but coincidentally or otherwise, all of the events mentioned in that document seem to be coming true one after another. I do not want to talk about it, it scares me; my dad believes in it very strongly.


When you get a lot of attention, you know how uneasy of a feeling it is, don’t you? Well, when you run for an election, you become the center of attention and when you walk by your election poster and see other people looking at it, lots of things run in your mind. This is a wonderful feeling. It does not really matter so much to me whether or not I win. Of course, if I win, it will be great, my ‘self-confidence will be boosted’ and all, but if I don’t win, I will not be dejected. For me, running as a candidate and standing before everyone to let them know that I am there too, means as much as winning does.

I am strange, strange in the sense that when I feel about something, I feel very strongly about it and want things to happen in certain ways. For instance, when I see a device, a simple or common one such as trash bags and spot designing errors or can see that the design can easily be improved, I feel sorry for all the people who use those trash bags and feel a little dissatisfied with the engineer who possibly designed it. I want to fix things if they need to be fixed. I want to change things if they are not in the best of their forms. My strong desire for working to make things better came from the sorrow situation of my own country Nepal. Right now, it is in a situation as bad as it could be. Lots of things need to be fixed and improved. New and rational policies need to be formulated. A leader needs to be born. Some of educated Nepalese need to sacrifice their fantasies to become leaders. I will need to step up front. I will need to start this from Trinity.

If you want, you can check out the Facebook Group Vote Puru as ASR Senator

Politics is dirty, but I am not.


No comments:

Post a Comment